Your privacy comes first
Last update: 21/01/2021
Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: Before using DocDigitizer, read this agreement carefully. By using the DocDigitizer service, the user agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions mentioned below.
For the purposes of this contract, the following terms have the definition and scope referred below:
- Access to Software: The software is accessed by the user (client) through the Internet accessed by any browser or through API (application programming interface).
- User Account: The user’s email address.
- API Key: A unique identifier used to authenticate a user and/or software for the use of the DocDigitizer API
- DPU: A document processing unit is a processing credit that allows the extraction of up to 15 fields per document.
- Access Address: Website address (https://portal.docdigitizer.com/ or other) to be granted by the service provider.
- Software Location: The software is installed on the provider’s (DocDigitizer) server.
- Service Payment: The client pays a rental fee for using the software for a contracted period of time.
- Service Provider: IMP—Intelligent Morphing Portals, Lda.
- Ownership of the Software: The software is owned by the service provider, DocDigitizer.
- Service: SaaS— software as a service.
- User: Individual or corporate entity who contracts access to the Service.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Scope: DocDigitizer grants its customers a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-transferable authorization to the DocDigitizer Service, subject to acceptance and compliance with the terms of service defined herein.
- Changes: DocDigitizer may add or remove features from its Service, as well as alter the design of existing features at any time without notice. DocDigitizer reserves the right to update and change the terms of service provision periodically and without prior notice. Such change will be communicated to the user via e-mail and will be taking effect from the first day of the month following the respective communication. If you do not agree with the changes, the user will have the right to stop using the DocDigitizer software at the end of the month in which he has been notified, without any penalty or compensation. Once the changes take effect, the use of the service by the User will be considered as an expression of its acceptance of such changes.
- Limits: In order to guarantee the quality of service and the stability of the operation, DocDigitizer may impose limits on the use of the Service, including limits on the size of documents, the definition of maximum upload and download rates, and the definition of the order expiration time or the persistence of orders.
- Cancellation: The violation of any of the conditions established in the terms of service gives DocDigitizer the right to temporarily or permanently suspend the use of the Service.
- Responsibility: The User accepts and agrees that DocDigitizer cannot be held responsible for any content that is uploaded to the Service.
- Accommodation and Infrastructure: The User understands that the DocDigitizer Service is provided in a SaaS model supported by DocDigitizer’s technological infrastructure. DocDigitizer is solely responsible for the management of the infrastructure supporting its service.
- The customer expressly understands and accepts that DocDigitizer cannot be held responsible, in any way, for damages of any kind resulting from the use of the Service by the User, or by third parties who access the User’s data through the software.
- DocDigitizer reserves the right to temporarily suspend access to the Service (or any part of it) at any time, with or without notice.
- DocDigitizer may suspend the Service or part of it whenever it detects the need to change or correct the software and will inform the user of this fact by any reasonably understandable means. The User expressly accepts that DocDigitizer will automatically provide these changes and corrections as part of the Service.
- In the event that the Service is permanently discontinued, DocDigitizer will inform the User of this fact with at least 120 days’ notice of the effective date.
- During the notice period, the customer is responsible for removing all of their information from the system. After the account is closed, DocDigitizer will proceed with the definitive and irreversible elimination of all existing data in the application, except as provided in the following paragraph.
- DocDigitizer will not be responsible, towards the User or to third parties, for any damages that may result from termination or suspension of the User’s account and/or access to the Service.
- DocDigitizer licensing will only be activated after a good collection.
- DocDigitizer’s Service is purchased on a monthly license with 3 licensing models available:
a. Free Demo
- The User understands that the definition of the type of documents processed and the data model is made according to the proposal and agreed upon by both parties. All documents and/or data outside of the agreed scope are not subject to any level of service even if they are considered for accounting purposes (billing and/or credit consumption).
- Upon request, DocDigitizer provides the User with access to a demo license/free trial model with a duration predefined by DocDigitizer. This license is served to assess the suitability of the Service to the User’s needs.
- The User understands that they will not be able to use the results of the free trial model to support any recurring operational or business activity or generate any type of direct or indirect revenue.
- The demo license of DocDigitizer is limited in its functionality and usage. There is a guaranteed commitment from DocDigitizer to the quality of the data delivered, data delivery time, and service availability during the trial period.
- The demo license model will not provide any technical support or maintenance.
- The User understands and accepts that DocDigitizer can cancel access to the demo license at any time, without notice.
The Full-Service model is acquired as a monthly license in which there is a maximum limit of credits (DPU) to be processed monthly, a maximum speed limit for processing (OS), and a maximum data delivery time (SLA Delivery Time), which are defined and agreed upon beforehand.
It is the User’s responsibility to decide whether to send documents for processing. For each document sent, the respective DPUs will be counted and discounted, taking into account the amount of information extracted.
The User expressly understands and accepts that the data from the processed documents will only be available after a previously defined maximum processing time, and considering the calendar of public holidays in Mainland Portugal and opening business hours from 9 AM to 6 PM Monday to Friday.
The user expressly understands and accepts that the data delivery rate is limited to the maximum contracted processing speed (which defines the maximum DPUs processed per unit of time). The maximum speed is defined at the outset of the Service under the proposal.
The User expressly understands and accepts that the data of the documents processed by the OCR will have a minimum degree of precision of 99%, counted in periods of 12 months from the licensing start date and without considering any rejected documents.
The User expressly understands and accepts that the processed documents may be rejected by DocDigitizer’s Service for the following reasons:
When it is not possible to assign a document type classification consistent with what has been defined and approved in the commercial proposal (Reason: Document not included in your license).
If the document has signs of alteration of the original data in any of the fields that are needed to validate the document (Reason: Forged document).
The User expressly understands and accepts that rejected documents are considered for the purpose of consuming DPU credits and processing speed. Each rejection will be counted as the consumption of one DPU.
The User expressly understands and accepts that whenever the same information is presented in a document in different forms or formats, the DocDigitizer Service does not ensure that the returned data is consistent between documents of the same type.
The error report related to non-compliance with the points described above is the sole responsibility of the User and should be reported via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching all relevant information for analysis.
In case of non-compliance with the points described above, DocDigitizer will credit 10 DPUs free of charge for each non-compliant document. These credits are not subjected to the contractual delivery time.
The User expressly understands and accepts that the maximum number of documents to be processed in one day is subject to a daily limit for responsible use. This count is based on the division of the monthly contractual DPUs by 22 working days. If this limit is exceeded, excess documents will not be subject to contractual delivery time.
There is no transition of DPUs between months, except when the customer pays for the service annually, in which case it is possible to transfer unused DPUs between months up to a maximum limit of 10% of the maximum monthly value of the contracted DPUs.
The credits consumed above the contractual agreed DPUs will be invoiced on a monthly basis at a rate of 0.65€. if they have exceeded 10% for customers with an annual license and 0% for monthly licensed clients.
- The Self-Service model is a monthly license in which a monthly maximum limit of credits (DPU) to be processed is defined.
- It is the User’s responsibility to decide whether to send documents for processing. For each document sent, the respective DPUs will be counted taking into account the amount of information extracted.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that the data of the processed documents will only be available after a maximum processing time defined at the outset of the Service.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that the data of the processed documents are not subject to any guarantee of quality.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that whenever the same information is presented in a document in different forms or formats, the DocDigitizer Service does not ensure that the returned data is consistent between documents of the same type.
- The error report related to non-compliance with the points described above is the sole responsibility of the User and should be reported via email to email@example.com, attaching all relevant information for analysis.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that the maximum number of documents to be processed in one day is subject to a daily limit for responsible use. This count is based on the division of the monthly contractual DPUs by 22 working days. If this limit is exceeded, excess documents will not be subject to contractual delivery time.
- There is no transition of DPUs between months, except when the customer pays for the service annually, in which case it is possible to transfer unused DPUs between months up to a maximum limit of 10% of the maximum monthly value of the contracted DPUs.
- The credits consumed above the contractual agreed DPUs will be invoiced on a monthly basis at a rate of 0.65€ if they have exceeded 10% for customers with an annual license and 0% for monthly licensed clients.
- To subscribe to the Service, the User must indicate their full identification (name or company name, address or registered office, and tax number), a valid e-mail address, and any other additional information requested by DocDigitizer.
- The login account can only be used by one user, and it is not allowed to share a single login with several people.
- The User is exclusively responsible for maintaining the security of their account, API key, and personal password. DocDigitizer will not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from failure by the User or failure to comply with this security obligation.
- When disclosing information generated in the software, the User declares to be the owner of such content, exempting DocDigitizer from any and all responsibilities whatever their nature, namely fiscal or parafiscal.
- The User cannot use the Service for any illegal, unlawful, fraudulent, or unauthorized purposes.
PAYMENT TERMS, REFUND, UPGRADE, AND DOWNGRADE
- The prices of the DocDigitizer Service are released on request directly to the customer.
- The renewal prices for the DocDigitizer Service are released on request directly to the customer.
- Payment for the Service will be made by bank transfer, ATM, direct debit, credit card, or PAYPAL according to the modalities provided by DocDigitizer.
- The price of the Service is charged in advance, according to the contracted frequency, and is non-refundable.
- All DocDigitizer licenses are automatically renewed on the last day of the contract, based on the same period and maximum monthly volume contracted, applying the price list in place.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that, for processing documents above the maximum monthly contracted volume, “a la carte” credits will be charged with a unit value of 0.65 € for each excess DPU.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that the invoicing of “a la carte” credits will be calculated and carried out on December 31st of each year when renewing licenses.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that it is their responsibility to actively manage their license, ensuring active control of their consumption of DPUs.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that it is their responsibility to request the cancellation, downgrade, or upgrade of their service from their account manager.
- DocDigitizer reserves the right to cancel the license for non-payment. After canceling the license, the User is subject to the price list in effect at the time of reactivation.
- DocDigitizer reserves the right to change the price list and service model without prior notice. The User is subject to the price list and service model in effect at the time of each license renewal.
COPYRIGHT AND CONTENT PROPERTY
- All copyright and ownership rights to the Service are reserved by DocDigitizer. The User accepts that the Service contains confidential information that is protected by applicable legislation.
- The User may not duplicate, copy, reproduce, redistribute, or reuse any part of the software, service, account, visual design elements, or concepts without express written authorization from DocDigitizer, under penalty of incurring civil and criminal liability.
- DocDigitizer does not claim intellectual property rights over the data that the User enters into the Service.
- DocDigitizer endeavors to keep confidential and not to disclose by any means, except if due to a court order, the data entered by the User when using the software, to which they may have access.
- The User takes on their own risk when using the Service. The Service is provided “as is" and “as available."
- Technical support is provided via email to users and active account holders.
- The Service is provided over the Internet. For this reason, DocDigitizer is not responsible for any lack of connectivity or the inherent possibility of it not being accessible.
- For any and all questions resulting from the application, interpretation, or execution of this contract, the jurisdiction of the Lisbon District will be competent, with express waiver of any other.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
- Confidential Information: DocDigitizer and its customers will be able to exchange confidential information with each other. Confidential information means any information (written, oral, electronic, or other) related to technology, professional secrets, technical or business knowledge, business plans or strategies, customers, prices, and any other information explicitly classified as confidential by any of the parties.
- Protection of Confidential Information: DocDigitizer and its customers are committed to the following:
- Not access or use any confidential information other than what is strictly necessary to comply with the terms of the service.
- The parties may, by mutual agreement and in compliance with the terms of the service, use confidential information for other purposes.
- Both parties endeavor to ensure the safeguard and protection of confidential information in order to prevent undue access or use of it.
- Both parties will promptly notify the other whenever any access or disclosure of confidential information is detected, as well as take organizational and technical measures to prevent future improper access.
- Data Persistence: The User expressly understands and accepts that DocDigitizer will keep in their possession the data related to the documents and files uploaded by the customer for a period of not less than 1 year. During that period the data and documents will be accessible to the User through the use of DocDigitizer.
- Data Elimination: The User expressly understands and accepts that DocDigitizer, after the defined period, can temporarily or permanently delete that user’s data and documents. DocDigitizer is available, at the customer’s request, to delete executed transactions via API, allowing for the elimination of data and documents.
- Data Processing:
- The User expressly understands that all the transaction data can be viewed by the DocDigitizer curation team in order to guarantee the quality of the service and the contracted service levels.
- The User expressly understands and accepts that DocDigitizer may, temporarily or permanently, subcontract to support the data validation process.
- DocDigitizer is committed to applying the privacy and security rules that it applies to its internal team to any subcontractors.
- Processing Location: DocDigitizer has several data processing centers, and the User must, at the time of signing the contract, explicitly indicate if they have any geographic restrictions for the treatment and storage of their data.
- GDPR: The User expressly understands that if they wish, they must explicitly request in the conclusion of their contract that the processing of their data is done in compliance with the GDPR requirements. For this purpose, a subcontracting agreement must be signed between the parties for the processing of data in compliance with the GDPR standards.